Newly Diagnosed

• 4 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Hi All. I am fairly newly diagnosed with a Schwannoma.. I have had my MRI and been told ENT, a skull based surgeon and Neuro will be having an MDT. That was August. Not been able to speak to anyone since and my appointment is in December.  In all honesty I have carried on as normal and been ignoring it. Been having weird heas sensations  and a wee bit dizzy. Not dizzy but cant really explain it. For some reason today it has all hit me. Feel very scared and teary and am being a complete ratbag. Am worried about any procedure itself as well as after effects. I am a single Mum and all the logistics of it all too. Sorry to whine. I usually as tough as an overcooked steak and have  great sense of humour! Honest!

• HI ThermanMerman

a warm welcome to the group. So sorry to hear about all that's been going on with you. Not knowing is a thousand times harder to deal with than knowing. You're not whining. It's only natural to feel scared and emotional.

I'll let you into a secret, its the strongest most resilient people who show their emotions rather than bottling them all up. By showing emotion you're dealing with the situation that has caused the emotion. All emotions allowed and encouraged around here.

This group is a safe supportive space so please reach out here anytime. There's always someone around to listen who gets it. Someone to hold your hand and to offer that virtual hug when you need it. You're not alone

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

There's also some info on the main body of the website that you might find useful

Diagnosis | Macmillan Cancer Support

For now, take it one step at a time. Focus on what you know and try not to focus on the What Ifs. Stay away from Dr Google - he's a scary guy. 

Sending you a huge virtual hug. Stay strong.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Bless you. Thank you for the lovely heartfelt reply and the information. I will give it a read and thanks for the hug xxx

• Sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

A very difficult time and situation for you, try to think positive and kick this cancer ass. You can win this fight- us women are tough cookies.

• Thanks me dear. We are tough ol’ birds aren’t we. Grinning