Hello! About 6 weeks ago I was diagnosed with a GBM04.

• 2 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Only a few weeks after my 50th birthday. It's a GBM04 in the thalamus region of the brain, so not somewhere they seem very keen to operate. I'm now three weeks into radio and oral chemo at Guys. Roller coster ride obviously  but no major side effects yet. Daily trip in is easy from S.E. London and the lunch / coffee options are good post treatment so generally positive so far. Just finding my way around the site so wanted to say 'hello'.

• HI TBizzle72

a warm welcome to the group. Sorry to hear about all that you are going through.

My husband was diagnosed GBM4 in Sept 2020. HIs tumour is in Broca's area of the brain. They were able to operate to debulk his tumour then he underwent 6 weeks of oral chemo/radiotherapy. He too coped well with the treatment but did get very tired during the last 2-3 weeks and for about a month afterwards.

This group is a really safe supportive space so please reach out anytime. You might also want to explore Glioblastoma multiforme brain tumour forum - Macmillan Online Community. I've drawn a lot of support from both groups over the past two years. There's always someone around to listen who gets it. You're not alone here

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For now I'm sending you a huge virtual hug. Hold onto that positive attitude. 

love n hugs

Wee me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thanks Wee me! And for the links and info xx