Hello, diagnosed with meningioma

• 1 reply
  • 53 subscribers

Hi everyone,

Just like everyone else this is not a forum I ever thought I’d be signing up to, but here I am! I was diagnosed with a 3cm meningioma last week after a no contrast CT scan to check whether Long Covid had given me any brain damage. Since catching Covid in March 2020 and subsequently being diagnosed with Long Covid, I’ve had an awful lot of neurological symptoms and was diagnosed with FND. However, it may well be that Gary the Tumour is responsible for it all.

I’m not going to lie, I am scared of what the future holds but I’m thankful the prognosis for this type of tumour is good and with a bit of luck my symptoms will improve once it’s been dealt with. 

• HI Selenna

a warm welcome to the online community. Sorry to hear about all you've been through.

This group is a really safe supportive space. Everyone's story is different but everyone gets it. There's always someone around to listen and offer their support and a virtual hug when its needed. 

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For my own part, I'm supporting my husband with his stage 4 brain tumour journey- an entirely different journey to the one you are on. I do understand though how scary any diagnosis is at first. I hope your dr can put your mind at ease once they agree a treatment plan for you.

For now though I'm sending you a huge virtual hug. Stay strong. 

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm