Hello

• 5 replies
  • 55 subscribers

I was diagnosed with a Grade 4 glioblastoma in October 2021.

I had surgery followed by radiotherapy and chemotherapy and I am continuing with oral chemotherapy which will finish at the beginning of August.

I have been fortunate to have few side effects from the treatment and whilst I am reasonably fit and able i want to plan a holiday to France in late August/September.

Has anyone has positive/negative experiences with sorting out travel insurance. Can you suggest any companies who may be able to quote.

Any thoughts gratefully received

Cheers

• Hello PH1,

glad to hear you are coping so well - my husband has a GB grade 4 and has had the same treatment as you. He's only just commenced the oral chemotherapy so we have to wait until October to travel. You might find the section on Cancer and Travel Insurance helpful - it's under Community News.

I hope you find a company who can provide a sensible quote & enjoy the holiday. I'll be interested to hear how you get on.

Best wishes

• HI PH1

a warm welcome to the group. 

My husband was diagnosed GBM4 in Sept 2020. He's been to France twice this year and managed to get travel insurance via All Clear. It worked out about £400 for a week.  They will need you to call them  most likely as I couldn't complete the application on line because of his diagnosis but it was an straightforward call.

Have a fabulous trip when the time comes Slight smile

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• I have nothing to offer here, sorry, but I am interested to hear responses to PH1's post as we are in a similar situation and need to find travel insurance or a trip this summer.

• HI DFoxy

did you see my reply above? We've managed to get cover for my husband twice via All Clear. 

You could also call the MacMillan Helpline to check if they have other suggestions regarding travel insurance. The number is below.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thanks Wee Me - will try both of those lines of enquiry. x