Hello new here. I'm the drama queen!

• 1 reply
  • 53 subscribers

Hi first time here. I was diagnosed at the end of spains 2nd lockdown after a grand mal seizure infront of my daughter after years and years of complaining of migraines. We had live out of the uk in Spain for 2 years and luckily working so my treatment was all covered. I completed 33 radiotherapy sessions. 6 days on. 1 off.

I then started pcv, my 3rd cycle my appendix ruptured and I was in horrific pain so after a doctor checked me over I was rushed back to hospital, I became allergic to something which scared me as I was thinking I had sepsis. The poor elderly man in the room opposite died during the night and its the most horrific lonely thing I've ever heard. 

The old bored retired expats decided to start gossiping about myself and husband so he lost his job, we then couldn't recieve food packages. 

By my 5th cycle I had had enough of fake friends and needed some real support so I we decided to return to the uk.

With no credit rating or jobs this was another brick wall in our faces.

My parents had to rent a house in there name for us to live, we couldn't get uk numbers or bank account even though born in the UK. 

After only 1 month back my husband was diagnosed with diabetes 2 due to stress and lost 3 stone. My daughter now has heart problems due to stress. 

I can not work due to fatigue however the town weve returned to has very little to offer any of us and we cant receive benefits due to being out the country so long (1y caring for husbands nan, 1 year strict covid restrictions and 1 year of operations and chemo)

There's never a dull day PersevereRoflLaughing

• Hi

a warm welcome to the online community. Sounds as though you've had a tough time of it. To be totally honest, I'm not sure where to start with this reply to you.

I am currently supporting my husband through his brain tumour journey. His diagnosis was terminal from the start so the last 17 months have been a roller coaster of emotions all round. You're right - there's never a dull day!

This group has been a great source of support to me. There's always someone around who gets it, someone to offer some words of wisdom, someone to listen and someone to offer a virtual hug when needed.

It’s always good to talk so can I suggest that you  call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear. No guarantees but they may be able to offer some guidance to help your current situation since returning to the UK.

For now, I'll send you a huge virtual hug. Stay strong. Stay positive.

love n hugs

Wee me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm