Secondry brain cancer

• 2 replies
  • 52 subscribers

I had lung cancer in2013 had a pneumonectomy and was given the all clear in 2018,  in august started getting strange thing with vision and dizzy un coordinated neurologist said it was migraine but subsequent MRI showed a brain tumour it was removed 20/12/21 biopsy showed it secondry fom the previous lung cancer now i havevto start again i was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with thisas of yet i have no idea what course of action will be taken?

• Hi Tigertim

a warm welcome to the group. So sorry to hear about all you've been through.

I can't comment on what course of action your team will advise, that's a question for them I'm afraid as everyone's situation is unique. This group is filled with really supportive members so hopefully one of them can perhaps shed some light on what you can hope to expect. Did they tell you anything else about what the biopsy showed? 

My experience is in supporting my husband on his journey but its a primary grade 4 brain tumour he was diagnosed with in early Sept 2020. Following surgery to debulk the tumour he had 6 weeks of oral chemo (TMZ) and radiotherapy. He coped well with it all at the time.

It’s always good to talk so please remember you can call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Sorry I can't offer more reassurance at this time. For now though I'm sending you a huge virtual hug. Stay strong. Stay positive.

love n hugs

Wee me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thanks for your reply all the biopsy showed was it was malignannt , I assume it will probably be chemo or radiotherapy butt not sure if the whole tumour was removed must check with my nurse ,so all i can do is play the waiting game ,take appreciate contact talking helps me 

Tigertim