New

• 1 reply
  • 52 subscribers

Hello just signed up not sure what I'm doing. Had craniotomy tumour removal Monday.  Just a bit overwhelmed . Not sure what comes next . 

• HI Sideshave

welcome to the online community. Hope you are recovering well from your surgery.

You've not given much information so its hard to try to say what comes next. First and foremost is be patient with yourself and let your body recover from surgery. 

I can only speak based on the journey I have been on with my husband. A week after his craniotomy we met again with the team to discuss the surgery, the pathology results and then to talk about treatment going forward. His treatment was 6 weeks of oral chemo and radiotherapy which started about a month after his initial surgery. 

If you can provide some more background info then I'm sure that there will be plenty of members of the group able to offer their words of wisdom and support. It’s always good to talk so do call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For now, sending you a huge virtual hug. Stay positive. Stay strong.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm