I'm New to This!

• 2 replies
  • 54 subscribers

Hi all,

I'm new to this particular forum and new to the journey of Brain cancer treatment.  I was diagnosed in May of this year completely out of the blue with a large, life threatening brain tumour.  I was very lucky because my wife who works in the NHS spotted some strange symptoms and took me to the local ED.  A week later I was in surgery having a tumour the size of a tomato removed.  I'm trying to cope as much with the, shock of diagnoses and treatment as I am with the complete change of life this has brought about so I look forward to following other people's journey.  I am also here to help if I possibly can because up to now I've learned the hard way and as I'm sure it has been with others, my journey medically and personally has not been easy!  God bless you all!

• Hi Archangel

welcome to the group! Sorry to hear about all you've been through over the past few months. Nothing prepares you for the roller coaster ride.

My husband was diagnosed with aa grade 4 brain tumour in early Sept 2020 so I can relate to the journey you've been on.  This group has been a great source of support so I hope you find that too. 

I'm sure there will be others who reply to welcome you on board. There's always someone around to listen who gets it or to offer a virtual hug when its needed.

Take care.

love n hugs

Wee Me x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hey! Sorry to hear about the diagnosis. I hope you’re still doing well! Glad that your wife was able to spot symptoms, she’sa real lifesaver there.

Feel free to share a little or as much as you’d like. I’m new to this space as well, so I’ll see you about. Grinning