Hi there

• 1 reply
  • 53 subscribers

Hi my name is Sam, I went to stage 1V metastatic melanoma in June 19 - I had 4 sessions of SRS and took targeted therapy. This has now stopped working and I switched over to immunotherapy on TuesdayFingers crossed so far so good Fingers crossed is there anyone about who would like to meet up? I’m unable to drive due to brain mets and my family seem to be ignoring me, I feel so incredibly alone and I’m lying on the sofa in tears - I’ve recently found a tumour on my spine so my back pain is off the scale! I’m not sure where to turn 

• HI

welcome to the online community. Sorry to hear about what you're going through. It's such an emotional journey for you and your family  but hopefully by reaching out here you can connect with others in a similar situation. 

The members of this community do mainly connect online rather than face to face. As an online group we can't unfortunately facilitate face to face meetings. Are there any groups local to you that you could reach out to? Is there perhaps a Maggie's centre nearby? (Our centres | Maggie's (maggies.org))

Please also remember Macmillan Support Services offer lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen. It’s free to call 0808 808 0000. Most services are available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look by Clicking here to see what is available.  If you have any more medical/technical concerns,  we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

sending you a huge virtual hug. Stay strong.

love n hugs 

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm