Husband Diagnosed with Brain Tumour

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Hello everyone! I'm from Western Canada, and my husband was diagnosed with a brain tumour in late June after a localized seizure. The tumour is the size of a tangerine and is located smack dab in the middle between the frontal lobe and the temporal lobe on the right side of the brain, buried in the middle. As you can imagine it makes things like complete removal impossible. Where it is located also effects coordination in the body so it's quite possible he will have physical disabilities due to this down the line. 

My greatest fear, oddly enough, is not that of physical disability. As incredibly difficult as that would be, I do feel that I would be able to help out a lot in that regard.  Rather, my two current biggest fears are a) drastic negative personality change or b) permanent memory loss. 

In the near future he will either be undergoing a debulking surgery or (more likely) an open biopsy so we can tell what exactly this type of tumour is, then proceed.with radiation/chemotherapy. A date has not been set for either of these events, and we have had a terrible time trying to contact his neurosurgeon as neither he nor his office assistant will answer the phone or return calls. :( 

Through all of this our faith and our family and friends have sustained us, so I thank God for that. :) 

It's nice to meet all of you! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi... I am new here and I'm sorry to here your husband has a tumour. Its so worrying. My son had a tumour the size of tangerine in the centre of his brain and blocked the fluid down his brainstem.  Just reaching out and sending hope and hugs to you 

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community. I'm sorry to read of your husband's diagnosis following a localised seizure. When you've just been given this sort of news the last thing you need is to be unable to contact his neurosurgeon, nor his office assistant but you've just got to be persistent. It can be very much a post code (or in your case Zip code lottery) My own NHS trust have been brilliant whereas I read of other members having problems contacting anyone and feeling abandoned.

I see you've joined other groups so hopefully , as well as your network of family and friends, you'll be able to build up a support network here. I hope the members of this forum come along soon to welcome you. Read through some of the threads and if you feel you want to join in just click on reply. There's no "etiquette" we're all just here for each other.

I've attached a link to the Macmillan Information about Brain Tumours which you may find useful.

Sending you and your husband hugs, B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I'm sorry to hear about your son. :( I will pray for him! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MrsBJH

"Feeling abandoned" is the perfect way to describe how we feel right now. :( When even my husband's insurance company cannot reach the neurosurgeon in any way, shape or form, there is a problem. :/