Life is taking the Mick!!

• 2 replies
  • 35 subscribers

Hi. My husband died of brain cancer in 2021. He has skin cancer as his primary but after nearly three years it spread to his brain. My mother in law was in the same situation and she died in 2020. Now my mum is having targeted radiotherapy for secondary brain cancer from a lung cancer she had diagnosed last year. She also has bone cancer so take your pick about which support group you join!! I think life is taking the piss and I am very scared about the future. How can I do this a third time? Where do I go and what do I do? It's all so shitty. Sorry for the swearing but I am so angry. 

• Swearing seems like a rational response to me. (Brain cancer in my case)

Join all he groups and then maintain contact with the ones that give you the most support

• HI ManthaP

apologies for the late reply.

So sorry to hear about all that you have had to cope with and are coping with. No need to apologise for swearing or being angry. The entire online community is a safe and supportive space and you are more than welcome to post in any of the groups that you feel you can draw some support from. You're not alone. We've got you.

I supported my late husband through his GBM journey and drew a lot of support from this community and also from Cancer carers forum | Macmillan Online Community

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For now though I'm sending you a huge virtual hug and lots of positive energy. Please remember to take care of your wee self here too. 

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm