My wonderful husband

• 6 replies
  • 36 subscribers
  1. Why am I so frightened to talk. I know I need to . But each time I come on here I type in something and then I just don't know what to do. The pre op today went well. We know all the facts. We think we have planned for everything.  I'm so frightened. I don't want strangers caring for my husband I want to be with him every second. Our time is so precious.  I'm guessing this is normal? I don't know what to do with my emotions. Why do I feel so lost.
  • HI Mypies

Yes, all these fears are perfectly normal and this group is a safe space to express them. 

Glad to hear the pre-op went well and that you have the facts. It is actually easier to cope when you know the facts and you're not stressing about the "what ifs". In reality there is only so much planning you can do but take it all one step at a time and you will find your way through this but be prepared to adapt the plans if you have to. 

As for what to do with your emotions... oh if only we all knew the answer to that! In my own experience, let the emotions flow. This is a traumatic time for you too and it will take time to get those emotions under control. It's only natural to feel fear. I was positively terrified when my husband went for his surgery and even more terrified when he first came home but take things slowly...take it one step at  a time

The strongest, most resilient people are those who show their emotions as it means you are not bottling it all up or letting it fester. 

Remember this group is here to support you and to listen so you're not facing this alone. You can also reach out to MacMillan direct. The helpline number is below.

You're doing great here. (You'll just need to trust me on that)  Sending you a huge virtual hug.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you.  Right now I feel so lost .Its better if I share .Bless you x

• Hi that will be next Friday my husband has his pre op and I only have to think about it and I cry. I can't talk to anyone I'm still in shock. Stay strong and I hope op goes well. Sending you a virtual hug. Xx

• I am not sure about your husband's situation, however brain surgery is not as scary as it sounds many times, I have had a few and was out of hospital in a couple of days. Hoping it will all go well.

• Thank you. Bless you x

• You are like me.  I have to make an effort to talk and I am too scared to share things.  If I try more I believe it will help. I'm crying all the time and I feel my heart is broken.  I lay awake watching him thinking of all the love we have. Bless you I hope so very much for each one of us that it is a success x