Gamma knife

• 2 replies
  • 35 subscribers

I had gamma knife a fornight ago, felt dreadful ever since. Ive had a 5 day course of steroids to reduce oedema with no change. Spoke to cns today who will get back to me re if i need an mri.

Other than a 3 hr door to door jouney to London..I dont feel safe travelling alone with seizures at the best of times . I cant quite see if itsworth all the effort as there isnt anymore treatment possible..other than a 2nd craniostomy that would result in probable brain damage.

So scared living alone like this, without support , running out of food for me and cat, no energy..chronic fatigue before this but cant keep awake since the gk.Cry

• Hi

I'm so sorry to hear how you're feeling after having had a gamma knife procedure a fortnight ago. It sounds like you're going through a very difficult time, especially as you are living on your own.

I'm very worried to hear that you're running out of food. Could I suggest that you give the Macmillan Support Line a call this morning on 0808 808 0000. It's free to call and they may be able to suggest organisations in your area that could help you with things like shopping.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• How are you at the moment. Have you got a local lockdown team that can help support you with getting food.  Thinking of you.