Advice please - poss secondary mets or just damage from radiation?

• 3 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hello, 

I’m 6 months post treatment for Stage III anal cancer. Since treatment stopped I have been having increasing pain in my hip. I was advised this was probably damage from the radiation therapy. My last PET scan in Feb was clear (brain to pelvis). 

However my pain has significantly increased and last week they did an X-ray - I’m still awaiting the results.

The pain is a constant dull ache, worse at night when lying down or sitting and actually has been better when I’m up and about during the day walking (but not today). It does come and go the pain but now is pretty much there constantly. It’s becoming difficult to put up with. I’ve also just started having some very sharp almost pin prick / sharp needle like pains that shoot in my lower spine and it feels a bit like the top of my right leg is numb or losing a bit of feeling. It’s a weird sensation. 

Before the pain was controllable but tonight I’m actually thinking about having some of my oramoroh it’s so bad. 

Can anyone please advise what bone mets feel like?

Obviously I’m hoping this turns out to be just damage and not mets but a year ago I didn’t think I had anal cancer was ignoring symptoms and I was Stage III, so it’s difficult not to be concerned! 

Many thanks

PPR

• Hi

I don't have any personal experience with what bone mets feel like but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also post this in the anal cancer group as you may well find people there who have experience with bone mets. Clicking on the link I've created will take you over there if this is something that you'd like to do.

I've had a look on Macmillan's main site and found this information about symptoms of secondary bone cancer which I hope you might find helpful.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the results of your x-ray come up with a non-cancer reason for the pain.

(((hugs)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Many thanks - I searched the AC forum but could find nothing on bone mets. However my results are back now and no bone necrosis or bone mets which is a huge relief. There is some damage from radication but nothing we need do anything about or anything sinister. Such a relief. Thank you for replying x 

• That's such good news that you have no bone mets or bone necrosis . I'm so pleased for you.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"