hi there new to this, secondary in bones from primary breast, love to hear your stories x

• 9 replies
  • 16 subscribers

Hi there

Hope you are all good and had a good Christmas, just reaching out to you all as I'm six months in from my diagnosis and having treatment. 

I'd love to hear your coping mechanisms and stories with the uncertainty of all of this.

Finding pain management a bit touch and go but after regular denosimab chemo and Leterazole feel a bit stronger. 

Tam x

• I was diagnosed in May with mets in my spine and sternum.  I am on Palbociclib and Letrasole and have infusions every month.  When I was diagnosed it knocked me for six.  I lost my appetite and lost weight.  However i have been putting on weight and have got my head round (sort of) this awful cancer.  I am quite breathless and cannot do what i used to do.  I do feel that life has changed quite a bit.  I try to do a bit of housework each day!   I am hoping to do some painting, water colours etc.  I did cry quite a bit to begin with but now rarely.  When I go for my infusion I see all the other people having theirs and I realize I am not the only one.  There are quite a few people much younger than me so I do feel fortunate in that I am 76. I also am part of a support group run by Kings College hospital and find this a great help.  I do have a very supportive family.  I have been getting more pain in my back so just take pain killers.  I have been told that if the medication isnt working then they have lots of alternatives which is encouraging.  I hope you get on ok.  Hugs, Sue.

• Hi

Diagnosed with secondary bone cancer on Monday following breast cancer 5 years ago

Am terrified still waiting to discuss options with oncologist

I am 65 and don't know how I am going to tell my 82 year old mum 

Glad this forum is here 

Helen

• Hello Helen,  sorry you have joined this “club”.  It is difficult telling family.  I would be as positive as possible, hard I know but explain that there are lots of treatments available and the doctors say although not curable, it is treatable, and women live for many years with this diagnosis.  There are new treatments coming out all the time.  Take care of yourself too.  Best wishes Suexx

• Hi Sue

thanks so try Ive not checked in as I dipped a bit emotionally but trying to get some strength back again walking etc. The breathlessness thing I find hard too, I've a 9 year old and 11 year old and dream of just swimming and mucking about with them again! I hope you re doing okay - Id love to hear about the support group, there is very little where I am in Rye.

Sending love

• Hi there

Sending so much love to you, one hour,  a day at a time has been the best advice anyone has given to me so far. I hope they get you an appointment to discuss and reassure asap.

hugs

Tamsin x

• Hi

my story started 18 years ago at 49 when I had DCIS and had mastectomy and reconstruction. (2004)

3 years later I was one of 2% that Cancer spread, had chemo, op for lymph nodes and radiation. I had secondary bone on T9.(2008)

I was on tamoxifen for 12 years. December 2020 I started Anastrozole as metastasis has spread to T8,T10 & L1. I’m not in pain .

now in March I have an oncology appt to discuss Zoledronic Acid and I will start this as heard it’s not so bad and will help with bones.

I was in a daze from both diagnoses but came through with family and friends.

this is part of my story. Art, singing and appreciating the moments, the seasons as I love to walk and grow veg & flowers. 48 years married, 4 living children, first pregnancy we had a stillborn due to pre-eclampsia toxaemia which carried through other pregnancies. 8 grandchildren, 12 - 2 years. I’ve made clothes and stuffed toys and have fun with them all,

Now high blood pressure and cholesterol- from my father, more meds!  am a twin, genetically identical.

thanks for reaching out Tam!

jan

• Thank you so much reading this has made me feel positive for the first time in ages. I’m a set decorator and florist so can relate to the flower growing and being busy.

sending lots of love to you and thanks xxxx

• Hi 

I'm new to the group 49 yrs old 9wks Post mastecomy primary breast cancer 2 lymph nodes metases lesion osteoblastic cancer 8th rib. I had to delay surgery for 2 months due to pulmonary embollisms was on letrozole but suffer extreme migraines and it made them worse I start chemo next week 6 sessions 1 every 3 weeks I'm scared as my mom's had bowel and breast cancer and had to stop chemo due to blood clots early on I'm on blood thinners though. Any way I'm just reaching out 

• Hi I noticed your not getting any replies to your post, this bone cancer site is not very active, if anyone has mentioned incurable to you could joine that site, there are quite a few ladies who's cancer's have matases, and it's a very active site.

All the best Ulls