Help

• 5 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hello

I am awaiting a biopsy in order to establish exactly what kind of cancel I have. I have posted on the lung cancer forum also as that is also a possible diagnosis. After pet scan, Mets have been found in my spine  lungs and hip. Can I please ask, is it true that chaemotherapy does not work on secondary bone cancers.

Sorry new to all this, still in bad shock. I have an appointment with orthopaedic surgeon today to see about trying to stabilise hip.

Iam feeling so hopeless.

Thanks

Greengirl

• Yes, unfortunately that is so but there are many other treatments

• I’m on a targeted form of chemo tablet for spine mets and it has been working for 14 months. 
    try to be patient and certainly don’t give up hope before your treatment plan is even in place. 
    stay strong 

Alastair

• Hello Alistair. I am new to this forum. I have metastatic cancer in my spine and pelvis. 18 months since diagnosis and still so much to learn! I was wondering what chemo tablet for your spine you are on? Thank you in advance. 

• Hi there. I am on a targeted therapy called Sutent. 14 months and still stable. I’m still working and I cycle 3/4 times a week. Usual side effects but I push through them. Hope you are still battling?

• Thanks for your reply. I shall have to look that up. Yes still  stable 18 months from diagnosis. Have had several treatment changes to find something I can tolerate. Now on 4 different chemo regimes amd a multitude of painkillers. Like yourself, I still work full time and try to live life as 'normally' as possible.