New here

• 1 reply
  • 12 subscribers

Hello! Diagnosed with Ewings Sarcoma in March and feeling super alone at the moment. I’m 22 and all my friends are starting new jobs, university etc. and all they have to ask me is when my next round of chemo is. Anyone else experienced this or now how to deal with it at all? Any advice would be so appreciated x

• Hello EJGene

Welcome to the Online Community. 

I hope that you find it as supportive and as informative as I have.

I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis of Ewings Sarcoma in March. I can understand it must be tough at your age when your friends are all getting on with their lives and you are dealing with cancer. 

How are you finding the chemo? I had chemo myself for my own cancer in 2022. it can be tough at times. I hope that you are not having too many side effects. Although I did scalp cooling I still lost a lot of hair and physically I did look rough during treatment. There is a charity that helps with advice with hair loss/make up and I found it helpful.

A leading cancer support charity - Look Good Feel Better : Look Good Feel Better

I don't know if you have heard of the Teenage Cancer Trust but it may be worth looking into. Despite its name it is for people up to 24 and I know that it was helpful to others going through similar circumstances.

Teenage Cancer Trust | UK Cancer Charity

There is also some info here that may help.

Home | Sarcoma UK

This link will take you to some stories of other younger people who have dealt with cancer and I wonder if they might be helpful to have a look through.

Young people and cancer stories | Macmillan Cancer Support

Hope this helps a bit. We also have the Support Line that you are welcome to call if you feel like you want to talk to someone. Macmillan can also offer some counselling in combination with Bupa if it would help.They can also have a look to see if there is anything near you that may also be able to offer some support. I was thinking in particular of Maggies Centres. 

Maggie's | Everyone's home of cancer care (maggies.org)

So please do not feel alone. Cancer is tough but we are here to support you. If there is anything in particular you want to ask or need, then please do so.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm