Just diagnosed with Osteosarcoma in my jaw

• 2 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hi guys,

After months of pain and confusion, with multiple tests and biopsies, I was diagnosed a two weeks ago with Osteosarcoma of the Jaw. All I know so far is that it is high grade. I had the scans last week to check for spread and size of it, but my treatment plan is being discussed in Birmingham (I am in South Wales). I hopefully find out tomorrow what is happening.

The doctor has said surgery to remove my jaw and chemo, but we don’t know what order to do those things in. I am 37, single parent of 4 amazing kids.

just looking for a bit of support!

Thanks so much Heart️

• Hi

My cancer is different to yours and we all have different journeys.  I had breast cancer last year and now secondary breast cancer in my spine.

Just wanted to say hi and that there is lots of support on here in the different forums.  There doesn’t seem to be much activity on this particular one though.

• Hello I am new to this forum. My name is Shelly, and have just moved to Mid wales from the Midlands. Your post stood out as to me straight away!!! I was also diagnosed with osteosarcoma to the lower jaw and underwent surgery at Queen Elizabeth hospital in Birmingham in 2019. You may have the same consultant as myself? I had Chemotherapy first and then surgery. They removed  bone from my leg to reconstruct the lower jaw. 
    please any questions add on here. Would also be happy to provide my number