Bone cancer and it’s progress

• 2 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Originally I was diagnosed with prostate cancer 5 years ago. Last September after scans was diagnosed with bone cancer in the pelvic, spine and ribs and was given 14 months. My oncologist prescribed enzalutamide with morphine and paracetamol to cope with the pain. In January I had a mild stroke and my consultant decided to take me off enzalutamide as it side effects might be the cause of my stroke. My PSA was around 11 but went up to 35, it was then I was treated with radiotherapy focussing on my pelvic area and two months later my upper spine. Since then I’ve felt better than any other time, until 18 June when I lost my wife who had colon cancer. I have two consultants who are confident they can help me, and with my positive attitude Enzalutamide has been reinstated. Obviously my emotions are raw, but pain is controlled by daily medication. They medical team believe they have my cancer under control which is great for an 86 year old.

• Hi  

I'm really sorry to read that you lost your wife recently and that must be incredibly difficult to deal with on top of your own cancer diagnoses.

I'm not a member of this forum but just wanted to say 'hello' and that I'm sure the members here will be happy to help if you have any questions.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Prestwick,

My sincere apologies for the loss of your wife and I am sorry that you have to deal with cancer yourself. I am glad to read how positive you are and that your medical team has your cancer under control. 

I am a 60 year old, diagnosed with PC just over 2 and a half years ago. I had a Radical prostatectomy, followed by 35 sessions of Salvage Radiation and a month ago my Oncologist found two Cancer lesions on my spine. Fortunately they were both only 6mm and on the Vertebrae. The one on my C5 and the second one on my T4. I had 3 sessions on each the last few days and have no side effects.   

I treat everyday as a gift and have  mantra that I live by: "If you worry you will die, If you do not worry you will still die, so... why worry about the things that are out of your control?" 

All of the best. 

Munster