Childhood bone cancer

• 4 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hi, I have just joined recently after my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer. However, I was given a cancer diagnosis many years ago when I was 17. This was a spindle cell sarcoma in my right knee.

Thankfully after chemotherapy and extensive surgery i was given the all clear a few years later. I am though iving with the impacts of the experience and treatment.

It would be good to hear from and chat to anyone who has been or is going through something similar.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• On this site, there's a blog called "Candid with Cancer" which describes a similar experience.  It's on page 8 under the blog menu or you can use the search function.