Primary bone sarcoma

• 4 replies
  • 13 subscribers
  • Hi. I have a grapefruit sized growth on my humerus, been told to expect it to be cancer. The waiting pain & swelling from a biopsy is scaring me. Now struggling to use my arm
  • Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you've been told to expect the results from a biopsy to show that you have cancer and I know what a horrible time waiting for results is. I found that if I spent my time doing things I enjoyed then it stopped me worrying so much.

You also mention that you are in pain after the biopsy and are struggling to use your arm. Have you mentioned this to your hospital team as they should be able to arrange pain relief for you?

Although it's natural to worry, remember that worrying won't change the outcome but it will ruin the present.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi. Thanks for your message. Encologist is ringing with results today, so hoping I will have a diagnosis today & booked with the Bristol team for a meeting Thurday. I can't get a doctors appointment fot at leastb 3 weeks & left messages with the Encologists regarding pain relief. Hoping someone will help as I'm ok as long as I'm not in pain, it's difficult when I start hurting

• Hi  

How did it go today?

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I have a high grade Osteblastic osteosarcoma. Having chemo in Bristol will find out what's going on Thursday, then Oxford encologist will operate. Very scary , he thinks outlook is good though