Osteosarcoma distal femir

• 2 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi all, my name is David and I was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma of the distal femir back in 2021, I have had 3 major operations on my leg after complications. I am able to transport myself into the kitchen and toilet of my home , I am however afraid to go outside for fear of falling over, it seems such a long recovery and my mobility still isn't great, has anybody else experienced this after limb salvage surgery?

•   

Hi David and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list.

Wishing you all the best 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi David, 

I had osteosarcoma, however in the proximal tibia. I don't have instability issues, but others that had not been dealt with and the orthopaedic care that I received leaves a lot of room for improvement.

Are you having a follow up appointment anytime soon? I'm sorry to hear about your struggles.

My mobility is not good at all because I was left to live with a completely stiff knee (I developed a disease called arthrofibrosis as a consequence of the surgery and now I'm refuse a revision for this).