Bone cancer loosing my mum

• 1 reply
  • 12 subscribers

My mum has had bowel cancer since last April, she had chemo cause the cells had moved to the lungs and liver they had shrunk. Then she had a liver operation remove tumour then a bowel operation. Then this year in November, she started getting pain in her leg which was making it hard for her to walk. We put it down to maybe she fell and broke a hip, wasn't that it was bone cancer that went undetected crushed her hip. So she had a hip operation ever since then my mum never been the same, since coming home after hospital. She kept falling from the chair. The doctor said she must stay in bed for her own safety. This will naie her deteriate rapidly more. There saying no more can be done. No scans have been done off body or brain see going on its disgusting

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your mum's bowel cancer has spread to her liver and lungs but it's great that the chemo has shrunk the tumours.

I'm not sure from your post if the cancer in your mum's bones is a new primary cancer or a further spread from her bowel cancer. If it's the latter you might also want to join and post in the bowel cancer forum and also the secondary bone cancer forum as you'll then connect directly with others in a similar position.

If you'd like to join either of these groups, just click on the links I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your mum's diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"