Diagnosed with lung cancer and a bone lesion

• 2 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Still at an early stage of diagnosis as to type and where else it is other than my right lung and  right femur butI’m having trouble moving around because of the pain in my femur/groin area I’ve got morphine for pain and a plethora of other meds but I’m still so up and down with handling the pain it’s all a bit hit and miss , I’m also awaiting a CT scan, but I’m completely overwhelmed with where my head is at prognosis wise, trying to “ tidy my knicker drawer” and tell who asks what is going on but only as much as I want them to know which isn’t much frankly 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Waiting for the results of tests and biopsies is possibly the worst stage and most people find that once they know what the treatment plan is they feel a lot better.

I'm not sure from your post whether the lung cancer you mention is another primary cancer or a secondary from the bone cancer. As you know, the online community is divided up into different support groups, so you might also like to join either the primary lung cancer or secondary lung cancer group as well.

To join just click on the link I've created and once you've joined you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read of your diagnosis and the pain you are in. I have had a different type of cancer but I understand the frustration of not completely knowing where you're at re staging and struggling with mobility and pain. My profile is there if you would like to read. Just click on my username.

Firstly, who supplied the medication for you? Can you contact them for advice re managing your pain better. If not, contact your GP. I was supplied with meds after my surgery and was taking liquid morphine, I kept a log of how often I was taking it so that the GP could calculate a dose of longer acting morphine tablets. How are you managing getting around? I bought a walking stick and shower stool off Amazon. They weren't that expensive and I got them quicker than if I'd been referred through the NHS.

I hope you get a date for your scan soon and following your results, a plan for treatment. It is overwhelming at first but it settles a bit once you've got some answers. Finally a tip that took me a long time to learn... Never mind about others, put yourself first, you are the priority now. Best regards.

A x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm