Chondrosarcoma

• 10 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi everyone  

I recently been diagnosed with a low grade tumour in my upper left humerus. I'm waiting for surgery to remove the tumour. They have said they are going to remove it and pack the space with carbon fiber rods and filler. I should not need chemo or anything after. I'm just wondering if anyone can give me some insight into what the recovery is like? What the pain level post surgery is like? They want to remove it ASAP as it's quite close to growing through the bone. I am being looked after by the Nuffield orthopaedic center in Oxford.

Many thanks in advance.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I don't have the experience you're looking for but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. By responding to you it will 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list.

While you're waiting for replies it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I've just been diagnosed with chondrosarcoma in my hip and being looked after in nuffield as well. 

• So sorry to hear this. Do you know when they are going to operate? I had my op in April. Was really straightforward and it appears that they got it all and I'm being monitored every 3 months.  They were amazing at the Nuffield x

• I'm so pleaded that yours was straightforward, my op is 26th , this Wednesday. And going to be laid up for a bit but hopefully they will get it all. 

• Fingers crossed it goes well. They are really good surgeons at the Nuffield.  Mine was the shoulder right up in the ball of the humerus.  I was up and about quite quickly. Still have a few strength issues with the shoulder but have my movement back. I was lucky, they spotted my tumour really early because I had a frozen shoulder and it showed up on an xray. No other symptoms at all. If you end up in ward F the nursing team were amazing. The physio team will be in to see you in the ward at some point. They will want to get you moving as soon as you can. X

• Thank you so much for your support 

• You got this chick. X

• Hope your op went well and you are recovering x

• The op went well and slowly recovering thank you, just takes time and to stop getting frustrated. 

• Glad it went well. Small steps with your recovery, don't push to hard it will come. Slow and steady is the aim. Remember the small victorys. The frustration was where I really struggled too but it gets better x