Supporting mum

• 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

Morning I’m supporting mum who has been diagnosed with bone cancer in her elbow and pelvis after having breast cancer 2 years ago, she’s 79.  She is in a full arm cast and really struggling. It seems to be taking time for all the tests and I would welcome any support as I’m struggling to care for her and keep all the chins up. Thank you in advance. 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your mum has recently been diagnosed with bone cancer after previously having breast cancer. I'm not sure from your post whether the bone cancer is a new primary cancer or a secondary from her breast cancer. If it's the latter, you might like to think about joining the secondary breast cancer group and posting there as well.

If this is something that you'd like to do just click on the link I've created which will take you straight there. You can then join and start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on reply.

I can see that you've already found and joined the carers only group which is a great place to get support from others who understand what it's like to care for someone with cancer.

When you have a minute, it would be great if you could pop something about your mum's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"