Hi

• 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

Hi,

I was diagnosed with Metastatic Extraskeletal Myxiod Chondrosarcoma in late August 2021 and underwent a Distal Femoral Endoprothesis in October. I felt that my recovery was going resonably well at first - I was off crutches by the second week of January and looking forward to getting back to work fairly quickly. However, I feel that I've gone backwards somewhat and though I can walk a couple of miles and drive short distances, I still have a cartain amount of discomfort and a feeling of "tightness" around my replacement knee. Other than that, everything appears to be ok.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar with regards to feeling that they had taken a step backwards with their recovery? At the moment I've not managed to get back to work, as my job has quite a physical aspect to it but I don't feel that I want to retire.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Although I don't have the same type of cancer as you I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where hopefully it'll be seen by someone with a similar experience.

Have you spoken to your hospital team about your mobility issues as they may be able to make recommendations?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"