Insurance

• 1 reply
  • 12 subscribers

Hi all. I am not really new on here as I used the forum in 2017 when I had Breast Cancer fast forward 5 years I now have Bone Cancer, I am having Oral Chemo for life as I am almost 77. It was a terrible shock but as time goes by it does get a little easier, I have a wonder ful Oncologist who always gives me hope. I was wondering if anyone could give me some help with Travel Insurance as I am going to Rome with my Daughter, Grandaughters, and Daughter in law. On 30Th May we are only going for 4 days so if anybody on here has any names of insurers I would be grateful. Thank you. Pam.

• Hi 

I hope you don't mind me replying, as I'm not a member of this group, but your subject title of 'Insurance' caught my eye.

Unfortunately it can be more difficult to find travel insurance when you have a cancer diagnosis so can I recommend that you join us over in the travel insurance group where you'll find recommendations from others who have been successful. Once you've joined look for the thread called 'recommended travel insurance' as this is where the majority of recommendations are.

It has been recommended in the past to phone the insurance companies rather than try and do online quotes as often at the end of the online quote it will tell you to phone the company and you'll then have to go through all the information again. Also sometimes the broker can refer to the underwriters to see if they would provide cover when an online quote might just give you a straight refusal. 

Make sure that you have all the information to hand about your diagnosis and treatment before contacting the insurers. This is a list of things an insurance provider might want to know when you're applying for insurance. Some providers might ask for a letter from your doctor saying that you are well enough to travel. This could come from your cancer team or GP.

I do hope that you can get travel insurance so that you can go on your holiday.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"