Symptoms

• 4 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi x If you have been diagnosed with hip, pelvis lower back Can I ask please what symptoms you had? Did your Cancer show on an X-ray straight away or did it take a while for diagnosis? 

Thank you x

• Hi

I can't help with your question about symptoms, as I had a different type of cancer, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list where hopefully it'll be spotted by someone who can help.

In the meantime clicking on this link will take you to Macmillan's information on bone cancer symptoms.

While you're waiting for replies it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I had been suffering from back pain for some time.  I had never suffered with back pain in my life.  I am 76 years old.  I went privately for a chest and back xray but nothing showed only Arthritis in the base of my spine.  I did go to the doctors but they examined me and thought it was the Arthritis.  The back pain continued and one weekend I had very bad pains in my chest.  We called an ambulance and I was taken to hospital.  After scans I was told that I had lesions in my spine and my sternum.  I had had breast cancer twenty years ago and it was established after a bone scan that it was the same cancer.  I was told that it is treatable and I am on Palbociclib and Letrozole and have had infusions to deal with the bones.  I hope this answers some of your questions  and hope your treatment goes well.

• Thank you for your reply. I have an appointment with Pain Management in a couple of weeks for an injection under sedation. I had an X-ray before lockdown but nothing was found. Last year I had an injection into the hip joint but it did nothing. At the time I was told there were signs of Arthritis. The pain has worsened considerably over the last couple of Months and seems to have spread down my Leg and to my foot. I was diagnosed in December 2017 with Kidney Cancer and had a partial Nephrectomy in January 2018.The year before I’d had 3 CT scans before they said it was a Cyst and then wend for a follow up in July 2017. In October I decided just to make sure everything was ok as I hadn’t heard anything only to find I should have had a follow up because it had ‘changed’ and showed signs of vascularity. I’m very lucky that I was seen and had surgery very soon after. I think I’m really just paranoid now. I’ve never had a face to face appointment with the Consultant who will do the procedure as my daughter had COVID on the day so it was over the phone. The last X-ray was before the lockdown and I’m worried it’s ‘changed’ x

Sorry for War and Peace! I think I’ll make a few calls when the kids go back to school. They don’t know I had Cancer so I’d like to keep it that way for now if possible and like all kids they only hear what you don’t want them to!

Thank you for your help x Hope you’re all ok xx