Chondrosarcoma still not sure I can spell it.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Diagnosed last October, had Radio and chemo tablets, had surgery eventually in April due to Covid delays.

All going well I think. Haven't met anyone with this. Anyone out there? 

It would be interesting to hear other people's experience.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm glad to hear that your treatment for chondrosarcoma has gone well but I can understand you wanting to connect with other people to share experiences.

I'm not a member of this group but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. If you type 'chondrosarcoma' into the group search bar at the top of the page you'll find lots of posts from people with this type of cancer. You could have a read through some of them and respond to the more recent posters to find out more about their experiences.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi,

I too still have to check if I've spelt it right!

Do you mind me asking where about yours is.

Mine was on my spinal cord, at T6 (if that means anything to you!). My diagnosis was quite late, after going to see my GP for nearly 2 years with back pain, I eventually started to loose sensation in my legs and went to A&E, was told its probably a sloped disc (without an examination, just by the way I was walking). A week later I was back at A&E via an ambulance. Was scanned and transferred to another hospital for emergency surgery then referred to the London Sarcoma Service (Joint service between RNOH Stanmore and UCLH London). I was then referred to the Christie Hospital in Manchester for Proton Beam Therapy (PBT) to get any cells that were lingering. I've got a post treatment scan at the end of July to check the PBT worked, I'll find out a week or so later.

fell free to ask me any questions, I might not know the answers but I'll try my best