Advice please

• 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

Hi. I'm 25 and for the last one and a half to two years I've had an on and off ache in my right hip and what I can only describe as very right hip. When I sit cross legged it's very tight and when I try to move it outward it feels very tight like a pulled muscle in my bum/hip/thigh.

I've previously had an X ray of my hip last January and all was normal, however the ache won't go away. There are no visible lumps. I also get an ache around my knee. I'm really worried it's been going on so long it could be bone cancer. Would the x ray last January have been clear if it was bone cancer? I'm having another X ray of the hip and knee in a week or so. Very worried. 

Thanks all

• Hi Help24 welcome to the forum and I am so sorry to hear how worried that you are. Any X-ray is designed to show up what they would call hotspots that require further investigation so the fact that yours was clear seems to me to be saying that all is well with you.

This could be many things before Bone Cancer and it sounds like a further X-ray would reassure you which is good and I do hope that it turns out not to be what you think it is. In the interim please stay off Google it is not specific enough and can scare more than it helps but please do keep in touch and let us know how you get on. 

Sending best wishes meantime.

gail

Community Champion Badge