Potential cancer, mass on left thigh

• 1 reply
  • 8 subscribers

Hello,

I have a mass growing on my left thigh tha appeared 3 weeks ago, went to the doctors last week and she said it felt concerning. And said its definitely in my soft tissue. She booked an emergency ultrasound a couple days ago and I'm awaiting the scan now. The last couple days when I go to bed, my forearms, wrists, ankles and legs feel tingly and ache and like I have hot water running through them. Its hard to explain. Originally I thought possible sarcoma but now I'm worried its bone cancer. 

The doctor was asking about family history and my nan passed away from bone cancer (she never went to the doctors she didn't tell anyone). Is it hereditary and are these symptoms? At the moment the pain doesn't hurt but I know its there and feels uncomfortable. Would the symptoms come on this quickly? The lump has for bigger within a week too.

Also I'm not sure if this has any relevance but I have noticed the lump since I've started seeing a chiropractor, he's only adjust my neck and middle back but could that have triggered something?

• Hi  

Welcome to our community though sorry to hear what you are going through.

Sarcomas, either soft tissue or bone cancer are rare, there is some information about causes here 

Any time a cancer is a possibility the NHS does move quickly so I hope you get your ultrasound before long, fingers crossed they can rule out anything too serious but one way or the other we will still be here. 

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge