Hello wee folk

• 9 replies
  • 79 subscribers

I'm new to this forum. Briefly my husband was diagnosed in Feb with advanced MI BC. He started chemo in March  but due to serious side effects (blood clots) he lost his right leg in May. He was due an RC in August but because of the amputation, he was deemed as too risky for the RC. So he had a course of radio therapy and different chemo that he finished in August. He's just had CT & MRI scans, we speak to the oncologist next week to find out the results of the treatment. Hes only 58. Feeling pretty daunted

• Hi  and welcome to the group. Sorry to hear about your husband's complications with the chemo. I had the same radiotherapy as your husband. So far it has worked well for me. Hoping for the same outcome for your husband. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Hi CherryJules,

Welcome to this forum, but sorry to hear what you and your husband have been through this year. 

Best of luck for next week. Hope it goes well.

Trevor 

• Dear CherryJules,

So sorry to hear about your husband's  problems. You have both had a bad time. I hope that your visit with the oncologist is helpful. Good luck for that. I'm not surprised you find it all daunting, cancer is always tough but you have had it even worse than many.

This is a friendly group and I'm sure someone will have something to say that will help. 

All the best,

Latestart

• Thanks, most people I've seen have had RC, that was our preferred choice but then we had to do radiotherapy instead. I'm hoping its been effective I think I'm experiencing 'scanxiety' right now. Hubby seems okay up to know. I'm.not as accepting as he is. If you know what I mean.
  • Thankyou for your kind words. I just hope it's not more bad news, I don't know if we can take much more. It's been the worst year ever

• Thanks, me too Pray

• Hello and welcome to the group, I hope you find it as helpful as I have. Lynn x

• Hi CherryJ,Welcome to the group.I’m so sorry to hear what your husband has gone through.I hope you will both find some support on here.Best wishes Jane xx

• Hi CherryJ, welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear what you and your hubby are going through. I hope next week goes well for you. Stay in touch with the forum, they are very friendly  , and will give you support to steady you through . Sending you love and care .

Much love Angela x