Feeling really low

• 10 replies
  • 72 subscribers

Feeling low and tired today. I got diagnosed on 29th December last and so far have had 6 sessions of chemo, last one was nearly six weeks ago.

i have an appt for 16 May with urology surgeons, presumably to discuss an operation. Don’t know what to think or do but just want to cry today. I’m 66 by the way.

• Hello  and welcome to the group. We know how worrying the early days of uncertainty and not knowing can be, but be aware that bladder cancer can be treated successfully. The operation to remove any tumours is fairly straightforward and usually done in day surgery. Many of us have been through this so feel free to ask any questions. If you can give us a bit more background of what you have had done so far it may help. You will find lots of support here as you go forward. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• I’ve had a small tumour removed and chemo followed but I think they want to remove the bladder now so the cancer can’t come back.

• Hi  . I've not had bladder removal but many her have and I am sure someone will be along to help you through it. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Hi Mac57,Welcome to the group.I’m sorry you are feeling low,sometimes it all catches up with you and get too much.I’m sure you will get plenty of support from the good people here.Some of us have been through bladder removal and can help if you get to that stage.Keep posting we are all here for you.Best wishes Jane 

• Thanks, it’s nice to have some replies. I’m just having a bad day.

• Hi Mac57, after having chemo my husband was able to have radiotherapy instead of bladder removal which was the surgeon's first diagnosis. My husband had to have a complete response to the chemo i.e. no sign of the cancer at that point. That was in 2018 and he still has his bladder. I know each case is different but we didn't know he had that option at the start of all this. Obviously you will be advised by the professionals for the right course of action for you. I hope this helps. Please let us know how you get on following your appointment. Mo

• Hi Mac57

This journey is definitely a roller coaster of emotions. This forum is a great place to chat to people who are on the same journey as you and somewhere to express the feelings that you don't feel able to share with your loved ones. 

Hopefully once you have the meeting with your Urologist you will have a treatment plan in place. The lovely people on this forum always say that you do feel better when there is a plan in place. Keep in touch on the forum and let us know how your meeting goes.

Sending hugs and best wishes to you

Ade xx

• Thanks Mo, your message has been really helpful. I think the thing with cancer is nobody’s got the same cancer as you or the same diagnosis as you so it’s very difficult to talk about it. But I will certainly be asking about radio therapy before any surgery. 

• Hello Mac57, 

I also had three cycles of chemo before surgery and felt very emotional and out of sorts afterwards, I think chemo messes with your thoughts, I then had surgery but my cancer was in my upper urotract so instead of losing my bladder I lost my kidney and ureter. There are many on here who can support you on your journey and you will never feel alone, so best wishes for your appointment on the 16th and keep posting. 

Annie

• Hello.My goodness, feels like you and I are in the same place! I’ve just started my chemotherapy and then it’ll be discussions on the cystectomy or radiotherapy. 
    It’s worrying and emotionally draining so it’s  no wonder you feel this way. I do too.Sometimes the dark thoughts just creep in. However they do have a plan for us both which keeps me positive. This can be treated. 

I  am sure if there is more than one option it will be discussed thoroughly before you are ready to decide.

So far I have found this forum so helpful and supportive.

All the very best to you x