Hello, we're new at this, but willing

• 4 replies
  • 69 subscribers

Hello, everyone. Firstly I want to thank those of you who have been supporting my daughter @Pineapple16 in relation to my husband's bladder cancer, we've found your messages to be a true source of comfort. Myself and my husband have decided to join, as we now have the confidence to reach out (we've never be on anything like this before). My husband was diagnosed with Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer in 2021 and had his bladder removed 6 weeks ago, the recovery has been extremely tough on him, and well...the both of us collectively. We are glad that we have found this forum as hearing from others, with experience, is so incredibly helpful. Of course, it goes without saying that we wish everyone the very best for their own recovery. Mr & Mrs Coco

• Hello and a warm welcome to the group. I had a different treatment, so not much help, but I am sure you will get lots of support here going forward. Always someone with an answer. I think everyone is out enjoying the sunshine today. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Dear Mrs Coco, have you signed up with your local carers' Association? What is offered varies a lot from place to place but you are legally entitled to a free assessment. Many offer chat groups, outings and so on. All designed to help you cope. Your daughter can join too, it's not limited.

Derbyshire have a Carer's Card where you fill in a form about your loved one's needs. They send out a small laminated card to carry in your purse. On this is a unique number and a phone number, which is the council 24/7 emergency number. Should you have the misfortune to be knocked down by the proverbial bus, anyone finding you can see you are a carer, call the phone number and give the reference number. The operator looks up the form you filled. If they need to eg send a district nurse to give medication while you are in hospital, or whatever, they can take suitable action. Peace of mind in case of the unexpected.

Also perfect for obtaining free carer admission to attractions and discounts in some shops.

best wishes, 

Denby

• A warm welcome from me too,I’m glad you have joined this friendly group.Best wishes Jane

• Hi MrMrsCoco,

I'm well pleased when someone joins these forums.

People here are so helpful and so freely relate their experience and knowledge that it really is a win. 

I hope your husbands recovery improves with time (it is a big op) and you both start to find some positives.

regards ...Del.