Hello

• 17 replies
  • 72 subscribers

After finding blood in urine and pelvic and back pain, with no infection, took 2 weeks but now on 2 week wait for urology.  Something was not been quite right for a few months and did see strange colour in bowl a while back but just didn't think much of it.

Glad to have found this forum feeling less alone x

• Hi Sharonjane,  After an op I usually take it easy for about 2 weeks, eating whatever I like, & watching back to back Come  Dine with Me, holiday programmes, or just a bit of Netflix, anything simple that I can dip in & out of,  So just take very good care of yourself, any questions or if you just fancy a chat, we are here for you xxx

• Hi Sharonjane.If you have computer access family history is a hobby you can do resting.There are free sites on line so it doesn’t have to cost much.It’s absorbing and something you can dip in and out of anytime.Love Jane 

• That’s such a good idea Jane. I started my family tree a while ago now but put it on a back burner. I think I’ll get back to it after I’ve had my op. 
    best wishes, Linda x

• Hi Linda,I found genealogy was helpful when I was recovering.At least if you get bored or stuck with one branch you can try another.I research the family trees of people with muscle diseases too as my partner John has a rare muscular condition.I managed to find someone else with the same disease and her mother’s gt gt grandfather and John’s gt gt grandmother turned out to be siblings.I hope this research might be helpful to geneticists in the future.Love Jane

• You’ve made me really look forward to it as my post op passtime. Thanks Jane. I got quite far back when I did it before. But goodness me my grandparents and their parents were from such large families. I’m talking at least 12 siblings. Luckily some of their families have also done trees on Ancestry so I’ve been able to join them up. The farther back you go though it seems that surnames started to be spelt differently and I was never quite sure if the suggested matches were really matches. But thanks again, that’s given me something to look forward to. Love Linda x

• Hi Linda,I hope you make some interesting discoveries when you get back to it.Genealogy really kept me going in the post op recovery.I watched a lot of bad tv,drew,read and sewed as well.Love Jane x

• Hi Linda

I have been doing Ancestry research since 2006 and have a tree on Ancestry. My tree holds at present 46,000 connections. Through my great-grandmother who was very poor,  I am related to the Royal Houses of Europe and have tracked back over many centuries with some amazing connections.  Most of us are related to royalty, it is not special but you have to find the connection

I have 3 British Prime Ministers and 3 US Presidents and a few popes too.

It is fascinating and a great hobby

Love Inanna x

I know that I don't know