Hello

• 17 replies
  • 71 subscribers

After finding blood in urine and pelvic and back pain, with no infection, took 2 weeks but now on 2 week wait for urology.  Something was not been quite right for a few months and did see strange colour in bowl a while back but just didn't think much of it.

Glad to have found this forum feeling less alone x

• Hello and a a warm welcome to the community and our little corner of it. Sorry you find yourself here, but you will get plenty of support as you go along. Your symptoms will be familiar to many. Any cancer diagnosis comes as a huge shock, and we all know how your emotions must be behaving at the moment. Bladder cancer can have good results and many of us here have been there. As well as us oldies, there are many just starting along the path. Feel free to ask anything you like or just get things off your chest if you feel like. We understand. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Hi Sharonjane,Welcome from me too,there is lots of support and help here.Love Jane

• Thank you Rily, it is so kind of you to be here for me.

Waiting for things seems to be a big part of the journey so far, and just wondering what people do when waiting? Am trying to keep busy but so hard and also when in pain and worried and tired. Feeling out of control as well.  Am trying to keep positive as have to focus on how I respond I guess.

• Thank you so much Jane will have a look through the threads and am inspired to keep positive.  What a lovely group.

• Hi Sharonjane,I hope you find the group helpful,we are all here to support you and know how hard the waiting is.Have you got supportive family and friends ? Love Jane

• Hi Sharonjane

This forum was the best thing I found at the beginning of this journey. No question is too silly

I wish you all the best and remember you are not alone

Love Inanna x 

I know that I don't know
  • Hi Sharonjane, as you say hard keeping busy when feeling tired. So the trick might be to find a different absorbing distraction that you can relax doing. be that bingeing box-sets or a good book. Any way I add my welcome,

Denby

• Hi Sharonjane and welcome to the group. I was in a very similar position to you a few months ago, but without any pain to speak of. I was put on the 2 week wait fast track but didn’t seem to have time to wonder what to do with myself. I had an endless stream of calls to come for this scan, that test and I seemed to be bombarded with appointments. I expect different areas and hospitals have different procedures. Initially everything pointed towards my having kidney stones, which was a huge relief. Sadly that was false hope but I am so grateful that my problem was identified and now the rollercoaster of treatment begins. But I have to say that this group has been a life line. My family has been super supportive but nothing can beat chatting with people who know exactly how you’re feeling, and have been there, done that and come out the other side. There will be a mass of different emotions and I dare say a fair amount of googling but I have found that no matter how I try and prepare for what might come or what might be found, it still takes me by surprise. I did start writing a blog on here ‘Well, I didn’t expect that’ it took me a while to get my head round how to do it but I think I just put all my emotions into. It’s not quite up to date as the rollercoaster starts in earnest on Monday. 
    I wish you all the best on your journey and hope it’s not what you dread. But we are all here for you and it’s always good to share. 
    best wishes, Linda