Travel Insurance for bladder cancer sufferers

• 18 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I hope you are all doing well and coping with whatever treatment path you are on.

I have just returned from the hospital after having my first flexi cystoscope following the bcg induction and I am happy (more like extatic) to say that I am all clear and ready to start my first lot of maintenance bcg.

I feel like I'm in a good place at the moment and thinking about booking a little trip abroad after the 3 weeks maintenance is complete. Does anyone have any recommendations or advice about where to go for travel insurance?

Any advice from you lovely people will be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Anne xx

• Anne, that is wonderful news. I shopped around last year after my BCG programme and found a company called Holidaysafe gave the best value for an annual policy and was the easiest to deal with. Regards Garviv

• Thank you Garviv, feel like I'm floating on air today.

I've just gotten a quote from Insure and Go for an annual worldwide policy with cruise cover so will give Holidaysafe a call too.

Always worth getting a few quotes

Anne xx

• Hello Anne, I hope it’s plain sailing! Garviv

• Great news Anne so pleased for you. I went on holiday to Sri Lanka between maintenance doses when I was at the same stage of BCG, and it was marvellous. I went on jeep rides into the national parks, saw leopards and whole families of elephants. Cried my eyes out for sheer joy. There is nothing like a cancer diagnosis to help you realise how wonderful life is. Enjoy your trip! xx  

• Thank you herothedog,

Got a few quotes for insurance and now looking at holidays.

Feel like life is slowly getting back to normal. It's amazing how one clear flexi cystoscope can boost your mood.

Got my daughters wedding to look forward to in February 2025 too, so that will keep myself and the husband occupied. Incidentaly, Sri Lanka and the Maldives is where my daughters going for her honeymoon. It sounds amazing

Anne xx

• I have mostly used insurancewith.com for cover with BC. There's a whole thread somewhere about insurance with cancer.

• Thanks Teasswill

I'll have a look

Anne x

• I hear the Maldives are wonderful. Hope she gets to one of the national parks too. Hx

• She's going to Wilpattu national park. Can I ask which one you went to

Anne x

• Hey Anne, that's wonderful news Clap I'm so happy for you.

I used Holidaysafe Insurance, there were lots of questions to answer online but gave a good quote. Hope you have a brilliant holiday.

Love Ade xx