Travel Insurance for bladder cancer sufferers

• 18 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I hope you are all doing well and coping with whatever treatment path you are on.

I have just returned from the hospital after having my first flexi cystoscope following the bcg induction and I am happy (more like extatic) to say that I am all clear and ready to start my first lot of maintenance bcg.

I feel like I'm in a good place at the moment and thinking about booking a little trip abroad after the 3 weeks maintenance is complete. Does anyone have any recommendations or advice about where to go for travel insurance?

Any advice from you lovely people will be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Anne xx

• wonderful news, just brilliant. Enjoy your well deserved holiday .

Much love Angela x

• Thanks Angela xx

• Hi Anne, I've been to Sri Lanka twice because we have a close friend who lives in Colombo. We went to Yala (3 leopards) also Udawalwe (elephant focus) and Gal Ola (massive lake boat trip, elephants and crocodiles). I really liked the look of Wilpattu which is in the less touristy north of the island. It is possible to stay in safari tents in Wilpattu park which I would have loved but it didn't fit with the rest of our trip. Sri Lanka is really beautiful, fab beaches, mountains, rivers, waterfalls and wildlife. Also great food and friendly people and half the price of most African safari trips. I'm sure your daughter will really enjoy it. Hx

• Hi Anne,That is great news,I’m so happy for you.I hope you have a wonderful holiday.Love Jane xx

• To be honest, I have travel insurance with the Natwest. I must say I never mentioned my husband bladder cancer as all is really good.  He has a neo bladder. Which is great. So to my way of thinking . It's all good??? 

Kimdav

• That’s fantastic news so pleased all is going well xx

• Thanks Mandymay,

Start my first maintenance bcg on Monday and my travel insurance is arranged with All Clear (best quote). Med cruise booked for 27th September, can't wait. Its so good to have good things to focus on. Hope all  goes well with your next course of bcg

Anne xx