Very Concerned

• 11 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hello, I am completely new here and I'm hoping for some advice and help.

I am a 52 year old female with no history of bladder issues. I recently had 2 MSU tests done due to feeling unwell and sick for quite a while. I also have lower back pain on my left hand side and have done for approximately 3 months. They are my only symptoms although I do suffer from fibromyalgia so have alot of general body pain.

The 2 MSU tests confirm no infection is present but I have traces of blood in both tests. My doctor has referred me for an urgent scan and has mentioned the concern of bladder cancer. I'm absolutely flawed and so worried. I have such anxiety at the best of times so this has literally sent me into a spin and I'm imaging all sorts.

When I go to the loo it's not painful and I've never seen any traces of blood.

I'm just wondering if anyone has been through this and if it wasn't an infection what else apart from cancer could it be?

Thank you so much for reading and helping x

• Hello  and welcome to the group although sorry to hear your concerns. Blood in urine can be caused by various things but could be an indication of bladder cancer. The positive is that is being investigated and if it does turn out to be bc, then be aware it can be treated successfully. The main diagnostic for bc is a flexible cystoscopy which is a camera in to the bladder. Usually a painless five minute procedure. Lots of support here as you go forward. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Thanks so much for your reply and support x

• I’ve recently known a couple of Females within my own family have a blood in the urine issue and to this Date none have been found to have BC cases are lower in women which is worthwhile remembering but do see the process through till you know exactly what’s going on hope it’s a good outcome for you 

• That's truly reassuring, thanks so much. Can I ask if causes were found if not cancer? My doctor advised sometimes they just don't know. As there's no infection present that's been ruled out x

• One was my mother cause bladder not emptying correctly other was my sister in law no cause found being monitored at the moment 

• Thank you so much, you've been a great help. Wishing you all the very best x

• Only talking about what I’ve experienced do still have your scan and get to the bottom of the issue good luck 

• Hi LottieB,Welcome to our friendly group.You can get blood from stones,inflammation and infection in addition to cancer and sometimes no cause is found.For over 30 years before I got cancer I would get blood in the urine through inflammation.It is good that you have been sent for a scan as blood in the urine should be investigated.Hopefully you will know soon what is causing yours and what can be done to help.I hope you find this group helpful.Best wishes Jane x

• Thank you so much for your reassurance, I think I'm definitely over-thinking everything and causing my pain to be much worse. 

Wishing you all the best x

• Hi LottieB, we have all panicked at the start of our health problems. Cancer is a scary subject. I'm now 7 years since my diagnosis and still enjoying a good life (except for all this rain this winter!) So keep your chin up, and fingers crossed for all clear scans Hx