Post-TURBT pain question

• 3 replies
  • 60 subscribers

Hi.
I am two weeks past my second TURBT, and I also just had bleeding/clotting problem ... probably due largely to lifting a bit more than I should have, plus the fact I was on two blood thinners. That does appear to be improving and heading toward resolution. Fingers crossed.
Anyway, I'm feeling very good in general but I do have a small amount of localized pain from what I assume to be the bladder (noticeable in my groin, to the right of and just above my exterior plumbing).
It's no huge deal, just something I did not notice after TURBT No. 1 nor immediately after TURBT No. 2.
I'm thinking it's quite likely not unusual. My plan is just pay attention to it for a few days and mention it to my urologist's practice if I notice no change or it worsens? Is that reasonable?
Thanks your patience with this newbie patient and for sharing your knowledge and experiences.
Mark

• Hi Mark,That sounds a sensible plan.Some TURBTS cause more pain than others.It’s best to keep an eye on it though and get medical advice if it worsens or doesn’t seem to be going.I hope it eases soon.Jane x

• Hi Mark,

I’ve just had my second TURBT and feels different than the first. I have a bit of pain too but I think it’s just part of the recovery and each op is different. 

Wishing  you a full speedy recovery with it. 

• Thanks, my friends.
    I do see the pain easing a bit day by day.
    Part of me thinks that after the TURBT and 2 catheters this week, the interior of my bladder is simply irritated.