NHS treatment

• 2 replies
  • 59 subscribers

Hi all. We need some advise re NHS and cancer treatment. Mum was diagnosed with cancer of bladder and spine on June 10th. Since then mum has had several PET scans, MRI’s etc. no one can give us a prognosis for her, we keep being told we are waiting on MDT every week but no further information. Mum has drastically deteriorated and is now bed bound yet we still have no information. We received another appointment for an MRI in Stanmore next week and MHS ambulance can’t take her as it’s “too early” so Dad in his desperation for answers has paid £700 for private ambulance. As a family we are struggling and mum just don’t know what she is facing. Is this normal from NHS? any guidance or words of wisdom appreciated. 

• Hi Wkelley79, welcome to the group. I hope you can find us helpful and supportive. I cant comment on the treatment your mum has received so far, just to say it may be really helpful for you to ring the macmillan helpline number. They maybe able to advise you how to get the answers you need and who to contact. It is such a worrying time and my heart goes out to you all. Hopefully there may be others on the forum with experience of your situation. Wishing you well and please stay in touch with the forum, we are always here to help keep you steady at this difficult time .

Much love Angela x

• Hi

I think Angela has said it all, but I would consider getting in touch with the Patient Advocay team at your Mum's hospital. I've had to use them twice and they've been great.

Please come on here at anytime, we're a friendly and very supportive group.

It doesn't matter where you go, there you are