Neobladder and being transgender

• 13 replies
  • 61 subscribers

My partner has bladder cancer she is 34 years old and she is transgender going from male to female. She is waiting to have her surgery they are trying to see if they can combine both surgeries together 

She is depressed and scared  and she feels like she is alone and I don't know how to help her. So I came on here to try and find anyone going through the same thing. She is scared to have the surgery.

I also have another question what was your feelings like when you found out so I can show her she is not alone. 

• Hi Nicole and welcome to the group.

Having a couple of surgeries at once kind of makes sense to me in a lot of respects, buy one get one free kind of thing for pain and recovery.

im sure the doctors and surgeons would do them separate if it really needed to be but to me makes sense to get 2 done at the same time, I’d think it’s not that uncommon to have multiple surgeries at the same time, I could be wrong but I’d rather have 2 operations done together than separately myself.

My name is Simon. But Si is also fine, in fact you can call me anything you like it’s only a name after all Joy

Much love and hope to everyone past future and present. 

I also hate autocorrect and hope people can make sense out of my posts when it changes half the words I type.

• They told her that they want to do both because if she has the neobladder on its own she might not be able to have the sex change at a later on

• Well that also seems to make sense to me, given I have very little idea on.how the sex change is actually done so I can't comment much on that, Iean I understand the basics, but I'm.not sure how theneo.bladder could mean the sex change op could not be done after but again I ain't no doctor or surgeon that's for sure. 

Try not to worry too much things generally go to plan and work out the right way. 

My name is Simon. But Si is also fine, in fact you can call me anything you like it’s only a name after all Joy

Much love and hope to everyone past future and present. 

I also hate autocorrect and hope people can make sense out of my posts when it changes half the words I type.