BCG #1

• 20 replies
  • 62 subscribers

Morning all, just back from my BCG #1. 

It was quick and easy and painless, I hadn’t eaten or drank anything since yesterday, but my CNS has told me that next week I can have a coffee and breakfast before I come. She said I could go home straight away, so I’ve come home, walked the dog and been to the cafe, ( fry up) still got 30 minutes to keep the solution in then it’s time to up the fluid intake. I feel ok…

Back in 1986 i joined the Royal Free Hospital as a Porter. A few of my mates from school were there. We decided that we would stay there for about 6 months then get another job… 25 years later I left the health service… while I was there I met loads of amazing people, and can you believe that my CNS is a nurse I met back in 1988 when she started her training.. it was so nice that someone I know was giving me the treatment..

sending you all love and positivity 

Nigel

• I love naps lol.

All is well here thanks. Number 14 BCG tomorrow at 8:30.

I was told when they insert the catheter that they have to see wee come out so they know the catheter is in the right place ( inside the bladder). They wouldn't inject the BCG unless they are sure. 

Not wishing to tempt fate but I've not seen blood yet. 

Glad you had a lovely fry up.

Keep drinking and keep well.

Trevor 

• Good luck tomorrow Trevor, hope it all continues to go well 

• Well you are an official club member now Nigel ! I think I need to make some name badges . So glad it went well for you and you are being cared for by a familiar face, it makes such a difference.
    I remember I slept like a log after my first one,  the surprise of it too, i wasnt expecting it at all.  I think it was trevor that pointed out the urgency can come on suddenly when you have the solution inside, for that reason i dont go out after because you cant pee in a public loo. It sounds like your 1st one has been ok. The painkillers worked for me too. Keep posting friend, let us know how you are over next couple of days

Much love Angela x

• Hi Nigel, if you want some more details just add me as a friend, and I can DM you. Cheers !

• All the best for tomorrow trevor. Number 14 is awesome, glad its going well for you

Much love Angela x

• Thank you Angela, I’m napping a lot..

the urgency and frequency hasn’t started yet. Only been to the loo twice today. On my third pint of lemon and had around half a litre of water… normal? 

• Hi Angela,

Hope you are well and are feeling better..

Many thanks, after tomorrow's BCG I will officially be over half way through the instillations (all being well).. small wins...

I'm lucky to be on 6 monthly gaps between my BCGs now, and I feel the gap has helped me mentally and also with the physical side affects. You will be there soon also I'm sure.

Take care and thanks again.

Trevor 

• Well done Nigel good to hear all went well for you today rest and take things easy. Lynn x

• Thank you Lynn, I hope you’re well.

• Trevor, how did it go today? All well I hope.

Nigel