Waiting for results

• 36 replies
  • 63 subscribers

Hello everybody i am new first post I had my turbt on 12/6/24 it was bad enough waiting for the operation I was diagnosed 7/5/24 such long days and strange thoughts and emotions but now I can’t settle to anything I am drinking gallons of Lemmon barley so sleep pattern shot to pieces I just wondered how other people fill the time it is such a strange feeling very hard to describe 

thanks 

• Hi  and welcome to the group although sorry to hear you have a bladder tumour. Looking at your profile it seems it was caught when investigating kidney stones, which in a way is fortunate. Good to know you have had a TURBT. We know all about the waiting. It is one of the most common topics on here. Your mind goes in to overdrive while waiting for results. Some people find it harder than others. Keeping your self as busy as possible helps during this time in limbo, but once you get your results they will come up with a plan and then you have something positive to focus on, and there is always someone here to talk to. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Thanks Rily I have been reading lots of the various posts on the group which have proved invaluable I think I am just having one of those days on wards and upwards 

• Hi Mut64,

Welcome to the group, but sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

The first few month's are the hardest for sure. Not knowing what is going on etc, We've all had and still do have those feelings so completely understand where you are coming from.

I had to have two TURBTS before getting my diagnosis, so don't be alarmed if this happens.

I know it's hard to believe just now, but things do get easier to understand when you have your treatment plan in place. I'm not saying it's easy but mentally I coped much better.

I hope you get your results soon and please keep us updated.

Take care.

Trevor 

• Hi Mut64 and welcome to the group, im at the waiting stage also, I’ve had two TURBTs and hopefully I will get my results on Tuesday. So the way I’ve tried to fill the time is by just getting on with life, although that is easier said than done. The people on here have all been through or are going through what you are going through, so ask questions and remember you’re not on your own. For me personally it’s been a rollercoaster of emotions but hopefully once a treatment plan is in place I can de stress. 
    we all know what your going through, stay strong be positive and trust the process…

take care Nigel

• Thanks bfg I just want to know which route I will be taking then I can move forward I will just have to show some patience 

• Hi rob thanks it is so true it’s a rollercoaster I think I am just having a low day I have spent most of day on here I do feel better I will snap out of it tomorrow I am sure once I know I will be asking lots of questions daft and silly

• Im the same Mut64. I’ve just had two low days, but this site pulls me out of it. And you ask away, no question is daft or silly.. and someone will always give an answer. 
    all the very best 

Nigel

• Hi Mut64,Welcome to the group.I hope you will find it helpful,we are all here to help and support.Best wishes Jane 

• Hi winkers60 thanks it really is helpful to read what people have and are going through it’s such positivity 

• Hi Mut64

I'm so sorry that you have had to join our group. No-one wants to be on here but the folk here are very supportive and full of great ideas on how to navigate this journey.

I was advised to write down lots of questions to ask when you get your results or even record the meeting, if that's possible. The appointments and information come at you thick and fast so it's not always easy to take it all in. Ask as many questions as you like on the forum, someone will always have an answer for you.

Sending you hugs and positive vibes. Stay strong.

Love Ade xx