Blood in Urine 5 weeks after induction

• 62 replies
  • 62 subscribers

Hi fellow travellers, I finished my BCG induction course 5 weeks ago, and have my cystoscopy next week. Tonight I saw rose blood in my urine. My imagination is in overdrive of course. Has this happened to anyone else on the BCG treatment programme? Any advice? Thanks Leo

• Hi Leo. Not the news you wanted but try not to despair. These things are common and sent to try us. I have had a few of these over the years which turned out to be nothing. Best wishes going forward.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Sorry to hear that Leo, I hope it all turns out ok.

the not knowing and waiting is a nightmare. 

wishing you all the very best.

Nigel

• So sorry Leo, thinking of you. Jean 

• Cheers thanks I am pretty down to be honest.

• We are all here for you mate

Much love Angela x

• Leo, I don’t know what you’re going through, but I still check my pee all the time, am I right in thinking that nothing has been confirmed yet? I’m not surprised that you’re feeling down. Nothing I can say will make you feel any better, but I like everyone on here is here for you. 
    do whatever you need to do to get through this.

thinking of you, 

Nigel

• Keep being  positive  Leo we are all rooting for you. Lynn x

• Morning Leo,

How are you feeling this morning ?

Much love Angela x

• Thanks for Asking Angela. I was very down last night, but a bit better this morning. I have my pre op assessments tomorrow and next Tuesday so thing moving fast, which is good. I was not seen by the consultant yesterday as they were called away at short notice, and after seeing the registrar forgot to touch base with the remaining consultant to have a chat. Stupid of me. I wanted to ask what treatment options they would consider if they find a HG recurrence. To me it would seem unlikely to continue with BCG if a recurrence has appeared so early (it’s on the original tumour site). When I saw the bladder footage on the screen I thought I clearly saw papillary carcinoma dancing like seaweed in the saline.

• Hi Leo, I am glad you are feeling a little brighter this morning. It is great that things are moving quickly and you will have answers soon. Try not to go to worst case scenario , i know that is easier said than done. Remember that what you think you saw was also in magnification , did the registrar make no comment ? As  always with this rollercoaster of a journey , its not knowing and waiting. It is really hard. 
    we are here for you Leo, 

Much love Angela x