Bladder cancer next stage

• 7 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Goodmorning can anyone advise please … my husband finished treatment for bladder cancer early November… he had. Chemo/ radiotherapy… we were told he would be called back for a scan ect to see if the treatments have worked !!  I’m sure they said about 6 weeks from end of treatment but nearly 16 weeks and we haven’t heard anything.. did we miss hear !! If anyone can advise if you’ve been in a similar situation I would appreciate. Kind regards sandra

• Hi Sandra. I waited about 10 weeks after my RT finished for follow up checks. I would give urology a ring to chase up or his CNS if he has one. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Thankyou it is a bit strange and you think no news is good news but I will suggest to my husband he ring up    Thankyou again

• Hi Grub69,I hope your husband has some luck chasing things up.That is too long to be kept waiting.Best wishes Jane x

• Hi

I seem to remember it being about six weeks when I was seen, it was post op after an RC.

It doesn't matter where you go, there you are
  • Thankyou   We will have to contact them as they definitely said he needs a follow up …

• If you have a Macmillan support nurse I would contact her. I have always had a quick response through that pathway. My husband hadn't had a cystoscopy for a year. When I queried that I got a slight telling off for not contacting them sooner! He had his cystoscopy today, all clear, will have the next in 6 months time. He also went the chemo/radiation route. Hope that helps. 

• Hi firstly glad your husband had the all clear .. yes I have said to my husband he will have to contact the hospital.. it’s a worry you just need to know all is ok .. Thankyou for message