Immunotherapy

• 3 replies
  • 51 subscribers

I had 6 infusions, then had to stop for a month due to the effect on my liver. ALT = 103 I think. It came back down after a month & I started infusions again 2 weeks ago. On day 2 after the infusion I got diarrhea 4-5 times a day & over 2 weeks lost 3kg. I also had nausea & fatigue. The oncology doctor has decided to pause infusions again & I increased my anti diarrhea pills to 4 times a day. This morning I got my first semi solid for the first time in 2 weeks.

Is anyone else here on immunotherapy?

• Hi Coojee,Sorry to hear you have had some side effects from treatment.I hope you feel better soon.Best wishes Jane 

• Hi Coojee. Sounds as though you are having a tough time of it, but hopefully with good results. There doesn't seem to be anyone else here with experience of the treatment. You are a pioneer. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Thank you both.

My Oncologist just rang & told me that he would be stopping any further immunotherapy. It seems that once it starts hitting the liver, that this would likely occur each infusion & eventually put me in hospital. He suggested that after 3 months, & my next CT scan that he may try a different immunotherapy drug or perhaps chemo again. I am on one side relieved, on the other side I am scared.