Husband diagnosed with bile duct cancer

• 2 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi my husband was diagnosed with bile duct cancer in August after numerous ercps and saying there was no malignancy they have now said they have found malignant cells and that it is very early stages and normally wouldn’t even be diagnosed at this stage.  The only reason it has is because he has had so many scans and procedures as been so unwell.  For 5 months now he has completely lost his appetite and only has 3 protein drinks a day.  He is now bedridden as so weak and his rapid decline is so sad and harrowing to watch.  They did fit a stent in his bile duct as he has had narrowing of the bile duct wall.  I can only think the cancer was worse than they diagnosed.

• Wow, that's rare to have caught so early. I hope the best for him and hope they are able to treat it before it develops. My brother is currently on his fourth type of chemo and never really had a chance. They have only tried to prolong his life and he never really had a chance of beating it. Best of luck to you and your husband.

• Thank you for your kind words - sorry to read about your brother and hope he is as comfortable as he can be.  Yes it is rare to have diagnosed it so early but due to other heart conditions he’s been quite poorly and they’ve said he’s too weak for any treatment at all.  He’s so symptomatic and poorly  I can only think it is in other organs and worse than they originally diagnosed!