Advice needed, narrowing bile duct

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 15 subscribers

Hello

I had a routine MRI on my abdomen area to check for stones, the MRI was clear for stones but flagged up a 6mm narrowing of my bile duct.

The report came back as not concerning but requested an ERPC to "rule out" anything sinister.

I've never had gallstones or surgery there besides a laparoscopy 20 years ago for PCOS

Im absolutely terrified and everything points to gallstones or cancer, the first is ruled out.

Does anyone know if a thickening on the bile duct could be something else

Thankyou Heart

• Hi 

I'm sorry to see you back on the Community with a worry about bile duct cancer. We 'spoke' quite often in the melanoma group when you were having treatment. Have you finished that now?

I don't have any personal experience with problems connected with the bile duct but I noticed that your post hadn't had any responses from the other members of this group. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your point of view, it looks like this group is very quiet so you might not get a response.

I did a quick google search and did read that a narrowing of your bile duct can have both benign and malignant reasons so hopefully yours will be the former especially as you said the report came back stating "not concerning".

Do come back and let me know how you get on with the ERPC.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I don't know if it can be anything else - mine turned out to be cancer, unfortunately - but I did have a stent fitted, via ERPC which was a surprisingly simple procedure.

• The GI who did my first ERCP botched it, caused pancreatitis which, in turn, created a 2 litre pseudocyst on my pancreas. It took 5 months and 4 procedures to remove it. I wasn’t best pleased with him. 
    I had another 3 since then and they all went well.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey! Did you find out about the narrowing of your bile duct? I had an ultrasound and it also showed the same. My liver, pancreas, spleen, and gallbladder seem fine, I’m worried this might be cancer since I haven’t had my gallbladder removed. Thank you and hope the best for you